Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What's Shaking


"When the earth quakes and its people live in turmoil, I am the one who keeps its foundations firm."

(Psalm 75:3, NLT)


The recent earthquake and resulting tsunami in Japan as well as other natural disasters around the globe may have you contemplating the uncertainty of the future. What's shaking in your world? Is it family relationships? Employment prospects? Physical health? Is stability in any area of life a sham?

Those who place their faith in Jesus Christ can know that even when life seems fragile and unpredictable, He is rock solid and reliable. In Matthew 7:24-27, Jesus told His followers that "Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on a solid rock." When everything around you is shaking, pray to the One who is unshakable.



"He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along." (Psalm 40:2, NLT)

Praises:

Friendship House - 20th Anniversary

Power Team - response was great!

Small Groups


Prayers:

Christians who are too "busy"

Ribbons & Strings Benefit


No comments:

Post a Comment