Friday, October 30, 2009

Not Why, But Who?

In her book, Sitting by My Laughing Fire, Ruth Bell Graham wrote this poem:

I lay my whys before Your cross
In worship kneeling,
My mind too numb for thought,
My heart beyond all feeling.
And worshiping, realize that I
In knowing You
Don't need a "why."

Mrs. Graham realized that all of her "why" questions were answered by the knowledge of "who" God is - the great I Am.

David answered his own "why" question this way, "The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)


Daily Prayer Focus

Oct 31 - FUMC Church Staff
Nov 1 - All Saints Day
Nov 2 - Children's Home - Macon
Nov 3 - Lay Leadership Team
Nov 4 - Shoebox Ministry
Nov 5 - State Government
Nov 6 - South Am. Missions
Nov 7 - Worship Leaders


Prayers
Courtney Singletary & Family
Bryan & Brittany Browning - mother died


Praises
Answered Prayers

1 comment: